Breaking Down ‘boom.'
“Boom! It’s my favorite word.” - Walker Hayes
There’s no hiding how different Walker Hayes’ first Top 10 hit and first gold record, “You Broke Up With Me," sounds. While some would compare it to music from artists like Sam Hunt and Florida Georgia Line, I’d give it a category of its own—much like his latest project.
Walker released boom. at the end of 2017. It’s a ten track album of vulnerability—stories that are so raw and rhythmically compelling, you have to go back and listen to them again. From “Beautiful” and “Halloween” that showcase his love and respect for his wife Laney, to the personal struggles heard in “Beer in the Fridge” and “Craig," Walker’s style of writing takes you on a creative and random journey that will undoubtedly make you think.
Along with the deeper cuts on this project, there’s plenty of room for Walker to show off his quirky side—fun songs like “Dollar Store” for an instant smile, the innocence of “Beckett” to escape back to the simpler times of childhood—every song on boom. tells a story and every song is filled with infectious lyrics that‘ll leave you wanting more.
boom. TRACK LIST
1. “Beautiful” (Walker Hayes)
2. “Shut Up Kenny” (Walker Hayes, Pete Good, AJ Babcock)
3. “You Broke Up With Me” (Walker Hayes, Thomas Archer, Kylie Sackley)
4. “Halloween” feat. Nicolle Galyon (Walker Hayes, Nicolle Galyon)
5. “Dollar Store” (Walker Hayes, Scott Stepakoff)
6. “Beer In The Fridge” (Walker Hayes, Shane McAnally, Matt Jenkins, Scot Sherrod)
7. “Beckett” (Walker Hayes, Shane McAnally)
8. “Mind Candy” (Walker Hayes, Thomas Archer)
9. “Prescriptions” (Walker Hayes, Matt McGinn)
10. “Craig” (Walker Hayes)
11. “Thank You” [BONUS TRACK] (Walker Hayes)
Walker is currently making his rounds on the Good As Gold Tour, which he’s bringing to 8 Seconds Saloon THIS FRIDAY, March 16th for the Bud Light HANK IT UP Concert Series. My recommendations ahead of the concert? Listen and get lost in boom., buy a ticket to the show (they start at $10), and maybe make a trip to your local dollar store for a ‘St. Patrick’s day party hat with elastic strings’... I’ll see you Friday night!