Dave O'Brien

Host of Mornings with Dave O'Brien

Dave has been on the radio since 1985 and on the air in Indianapolis since 1996. He spent his childhood in California and Virginia, and graduated from the University of Virginia in 1989. Dave is married to Cheryl, a producer for Fox 59 WXIN-TV. The O'Brien’s have a daughter who spends most of her free time riding horses and playing musical instruments.



2012, 2013, 2015 Country Music Association Best Radio Personality for Large Market Radio

2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 Academy of Country Music Best Radio Personality for Large Market Radio

2016 Marconi Radio Awards Large Market Personality of the Year



2013, 2014 Indiana Broadcasters Association's Spectrum Award for Best Radio Personality in Indiana


Blog | 7:30 Senseless Survey | Artist Interviews | Morning Mindbender


More posts from this author

This weighs an estimated 15,000 pounds, costs an estimated $1.5 million, is nicknamed “The Beast” and will be in Indianapolis today. (The Presidential Limousine)
According to a new survey, the average adult will only wait one minute before giving up on this. (Being put on hold on the phone)
Audio titled dave-with-miss-america-kira-kazantsev-2-4 2015 Miss America, Kira Kazantsev, joined Dave live in studio! She is here to promote the Children's Miracle Network Hospital's National Pancake Day, which is March 3rd!
According to a new survey, in 34% of married couples the husband and wife have an equal amount of this in their house but in the other 66% of the couples, the wife has way more of it than her husband. (Closet space)
According to a new survey, 52% of American workers wish their employer had a better quality of this. (Coffee)